Our holiday party will be fun, educational, and full of activism! We’ll have the comedy act of Georgie Kunkel, a longtime NOW member, gain insight on women and social security with Marilyn Watkins of the Economic Opportunity Institute, and collect items for women and men of Tent City. Be sure to scroll down for more information and a video of Marilyn Watkins. And be sure to join us!
We are seeking donations to support the women and men of Tent City during our Holiday Gathering and Membership Meeting on Dec 9th.If you are unable to make the meeting, please call or email us today to schedule pick up of your donation item. email@example.com | 206-632-8547 or Lika @ firstname.lastname@example.org | 206-407-9067
- Bus Tickets, Funding for maintaining Honeybuckets and dumpsters
- Hotties (hand and foot warmers), Hand Sanitizer, Pain and cold relief
- Blankets and sleeping bags, Clean, usable clothing | Socks
- Hygiene products | Feminine products
- Paper products: Disposable cups, plates and bowls | Plastic cutlery, 33 gallon trash bags
- Food Items: Coffee, creamer and sugar | Milk, Juice & Pop | Peanut Butter
- Composition notebooks (or spiral), Pens
- Tents (most needed are 8×8′ and 10×10′), Tarps | Duct tape, nails, twine | Plywood
Saving Social Security – Marilyn Watkins, Economic Opportunity Institute
Marilyn’s husband died suddenly leaving her and their two boys without a plan. Social Security survivor benefits kicked in immediately and gave Marilyn the ability to raise her two boys without the fear of dipping into poverty. Those benefits were earned by her husband’s hard work and her Government’s promise not to let widows and children slip through the cracks. Social Security is a promise; don’t let the Deficit Commission or Congress break that promise to our citizens.
Watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr1NEnTnVQg and come to the Holiday Meeting