Bisexual women are greedy, looking for attention, going through a phase or just needing to pick a side already. These are all stereotypes that the average bisexual woman faces. But for at least one day this year, bisexual women won’t need to confront damaging stereotypes as they celebrate Women’s History Month with their own bisexual focused day of presentations, workshops, and open discussions. The event, “Bi Women Past and Present” is Saturday, March 24, 2018 12:00pm – 5:00pm at the Capitol Hill Library at 425 Harvard Ave E, Seattle, WA 98102. This event is free, family friendly, and open to the public including people who are not bisexual. Snacks and non-alcoholic drinks will be provided. RSVP is encouraged because space is limited:
- Discussion and handout regarding bisexual women’s history.
- Safe sex discussion and informational handout.
- Consent workshop and discussion.
- Distribution of free condoms and dental dams.
- Small group discussion regarding bisexual women’s specific issues.
This event is made possible by the generous sponsorship of North by West Foundation.