1. There will be non-profit insurers offering health care plans in the exchanges on top of traditional private insurers (regulated STRONGLY by the health care law). The public option never really disappeared. It was just replaced with non-profit language that will turn into non-profit options just as strong as the proposed public option. Besides, many states are integrating public options into their exchanges.
2. Medicaid will be significantly expanded to 15 million poor uninsured americans in 2014. People in deep poverty will have significantly better lives. Everyone at less than 133% of the poverty level will be covered under medicaid. Native Americans will be insured for the first time in their lives and will enjoy modernized health care. The Indian Health Care Act is reauthorized and strengthened by this medicaid expansion.
3. Medicare’s trust fund will be extended 12 years. Seniors have free preventive care and check ups. Lots of money have been saved through waste trimming and fraud recollecting.
4. Small business tax credits will have their amounts magnified for small businesses in 2014. When juxtaposed with the strongly regulated exchanges, coverage will be very affordable for small businesses.
5. For everyone up to 400% of the poverty level (millions and millions of americans are under this category), huge tax credits will be available to help them afford coverage. Those who already have insurance qualify too, not just the uninsured. This is a HUGE middle class tax cut. Financial situations will improve drastically for Americans because of the fact that kathleen sebelius has been issuing robust regulations on insurance companies such as a robust 80-85% medical loss ratio.
http://www.dailykos.com/… (explains the huge tax credits)
6. Preventive care will be free in all insurance plans eventually as all plans lose their grandfathered status.
7. Single Payer is coming to America because of obamacare. Kathleen sebelius gave a huge grant to Vermont to build single payer in the state. The vermont delegation was so happy. Vermont is using the affordable care act money to build single payer. No affordable care act, no single payer for vermont and for the country.
8. Community Health centers will be invested on and will significantly impact health care for the better.
9. The rich people start paying their fair share as promised by Obama in 2013. Payroll taxes on people earning incomes of 250,000 dollars go up. It was a key element in the payment mechanism of the bill. The Bush tax cuts for the rich will expire at the end of this year too. 🙂